Please note that Naturopathic Doctors CANNOT accept insurance in the state of Maryland. If you have out-of-network benefits with your insurance plan, you may be able to get a partial reimbursement through them (though no guarantee). Upon request, Dr. Alice will you give you a superbill receipt to submit to your insurance company (only if you have verified you have out-of-network coverage) to see if you can get a partial reimbursement. So far it seems unlikely you will get partially reimbursed with most insurance companies except select government plans. Regardless, you still need to pay the full consultation fee at the time of your appointment.
The benefit of not accepting insurance is that Dr. Alice Fong is not limited or restricted by the insurance company's criteria, specifically time restrictions. Rather than only spending 10-15 minutes with a patient to assess and address their concerns, Dr. Alice spends 90 minutes to allow for a comprehensive initial visit so she can offer customized, personalized care.
Full payment is expected at time of service. No payment plans or sliding scale are offered. However, occasional specials are offered. Subscribe to the email list or like the Facebook page for updates on specials.
Initial Naturopathic Consultation - $300
- Approximately 90 minutes long
Are you suffering from anxiety, stress, hypertension, diabetes, being overweight, insomnia, pain, or some other health condition? Take charge of your health with a naturopathic consultation! Invest in yourself and your wellbeing.
During your initial visit, you will spend about 90 minutes with Dr. Alice. During this time, she will go over your intake paperwork, discuss your health goals, take your health history, find out about your diet, stress levels, use of tobacco and alcohol, and other lifestyle factors. She will also go over the medications and supplements that you take. Dr. Alice takes the time to get to know you in order to gather information, do an appropriate examination, find the root cause(s) of your conditions, and teach you how to manage your condition and improve your health. This is a safe, nonjudgmental space and your willingness to be fully open and honest during your visit is very important. The more honest you can be, the better clinical picture Dr. Alice will have for your case.
Dr. Alice will work with you to set up a customized health management strategy. This may include dietary modifications, lifestyle factors, stress management, biofeedback, hypnotherapy, wellness counseling, herbs and/ or other supplements. While sometimes comprehensive treatment regimens take time (especially in chronic conditions that developed over many years), she will usually get you started on a plan to get you feeling better right away.
In addition, Dr. Alice will spend a considerable amount of time working on your case after your 90 minute consultation which includes writing up a customized treatment plan (which you will receive via email), supplement recommendations (with therapeutic dosage, frequency and benefits), researching, consulting with other doctors if necessary, and responding to short email questions (longer questions that need a more in depth responses will require a follow-up visit).
If necessary, Dr. Alice will refer you to other health-care practitioners.
Dr. Alice may order labs and diagnostic tests (including but not limited to blood tests, diagnostic imaging, food allergy testing, hormone testing, nutritional deficiency testing, etc), that will help gain a clearer picture of your current symptoms.
Online Intake Form
Once you get your confirmation email from Patient Fusion, in the email, click on "Check in." If it's your first visit, click on "Don't have an account?" button and create an account using the email you booked your appointment with. Then it will direct you to the online intake form for you to fill out. This could take anywhere from 10-30 minutes for you to fill out, but you can come back and finish it at a later time if you need and it will save your answers. However, be sure to click the "Submit" button when you've finished so Dr. Alice can review your intake form before your visit (please finish it preferably at least 48 hours beforehand). Naturopathic clients should answer all 46 questions.
Also, if you have had lab or blood work done recently, please email a copy to Dr. Alice prior to your consultation for her to review, or bring a copy to your appointment.
Follow-Up Naturopathic Consultation
– 30 minutes ($100)
– 60 minutes ($200)
– 90 minutes ($300)
In order to see results, it’s important to follow-up with your naturopathic care. Dr. Alice will recommend how long your follow-up appointment should be at your initial visit.
Supplements and Labs are additional fees. Prices vary.
If there is a test you're interesting in taking, please let the front desk or Dr. Alice know, so she can be prepared with the right test kit at your next naturopathic consultation. A consultation is required before a test can be ordered to evaluate your medical history and whether the test is appropriate for your case. These lab fees are in addition to the standard consultation fee, and typically paid directly to the lab with a credit card. Click here for more information about these labs.
Most of the specialty labs are not covered by insurance unless indicated otherwise. However, Dr. Alice Fong does have accounts with Labcorp and Quest Diagnostics, so she can order some basic labwork that is more likely to be covered by insurance depending on your insurance plan.
– Food Allergy and/or Sensitivity Testing ($99 for 96 foods, or $184 for 184 foods)
– Comprehensive Allergy Panel ($219 with select insurance carries)
– Adrenal Stress Index Panel ($120)
– Hormone Testing (Post menopause $112, Peri menopause $180, Cycling female $200-270 ($154 w/ select insurance), Male $120)
– Comprehensive Melatonin Profile ($88)
– Micronutrient Testing for Nutritional Deficiency -MNT ($390 Cash price, $190 with Insurance)
– Cardiovascular and Prediabetes Test/ Cardiometabolic Panel ($10 Add-On if getting MNT above or $45 with insurance except Medicare, $110 Cash Price)
– NutrEval FMV ($159 with select insurance carriers, $848 cash price)
– Heavy Metal Testing - Hair Analysis ($60 for standard profile, $120 for expanded profile)
– Candida Profile ($100)
– Gastrointestinal Health Panel ($210-$285, $139 w/ select insurance)
– Intestinal Permeability Assessment ($60)
– Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth ($149)
Standard Massages: Swedish, Deep Tissue, Prenatal, or Sports massage (60 or 90 minute)
– 60 minutes ($110)
– 90 minutes ($165)
Specialty Massages: Hot Stone, Thai Yoga, or Lomi Lomi (60 or 90 minute), Blended Hot Stone/Lomi or Wonderful Wellness Experience (90 minute only)
– 60 minutes ($140)
– 90 minutes ($210)
My massage rates are higher than the going rate for the area for multiple reasons:
1. I decided to not accept tips for massage, or to look at it another way, you can consider the tip included in the price. Although massage is generally a service that is frequently tipped on, I felt it would be inconsistent for me since I do not accept tips for naturopathic services (which obviously would feel inappropriate given it's more of a medical service) but then to accept or expect them for massage. So to make it easier for everyone, the rate listed, is the rate expected to be paid, nothing more.
2. By pricing my massage rates higher, I want to ensure that there is still room and availability in my schedule for my naturopathic patients, which are of a high priority to me given that there are no other licensed naturopathic doctors in the area, and there are numerous massage therapists. So though I enjoy and understand the therapeutic value of massage, I don't want my entire schedule to be fully booked with massage, hence the higher than average price.
3. I have nearly a decade of massage therapy experience and have worked in numerous spas and other settings such as chiropractor practices and offices. My work experience includes very high end spas such as the Four Seasons Hotel, where they charge $155-170 for a 50 minute massage; so in comparison, my prices are much lower. Although obviously I don't have all the amenities of a high end spa, I do offer a quality experience and service.
Massage Enhancements (Does not add time to your appointment. Only booked with a full massage treatment)
– Exfoliating Back or Foot Scrub ($15 each, or $25 for both) To help exfoliate and soften the skin.
– Arnica Oil Sore Muscle Treatment ($15) Great for sore, tight, painful, stiff muscles.
– Moisturizing Shea Butter Application ($15) Helpful for dry skin.
– Revitalizing Argan Oil Scalp Treatment ($15) Warmed argan oil infused with Vitamin C-rich ayurvedic herbs is massaged onto the scalp to nourish hair.
– Shea Butter Foot Rub ($10) Moisturizing shea butter applied and massaged into the feet, followed by heat application.
– Craniosacral Therapy ($10, or as an added 15 min - $30). Relaxing, energetic modality to increase sense of wellbieng.
– Aromatherapy ($10) A custom blend of essential oils infused into the massage oil to promote greater relaxation.
If you need to cancel an appointment please give at least 24 hours notice. If you cancel with less than 24 hour notice you will be charged a $40 cancellation fee.
If you NO SHOW to your appointment (which is very disrespectful of my time), you will be charged a $100 no show fee and will be unable to receive future services until that fee is paid.